Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I am back, I think

So, I retired, nearly nine months ago.
During those lovely lazy, crazy, hazy days of summer, I blogged with regularity and passion, so willing to put out my message: that retirement was the new norm for the human condition, the ultimate aspiration, the gold at the end of the tunnel (or is it rainbow?)
Well, make no mistake. I continue to feel that way.
I am happy, deliriously so, and content, stress free (well, OK, I guess I never have been really stressed); I am "keeping busy." I am "not loosing brain cells." I am not "bored." I "still have friends." I "haven't adopted any more cats." I don't "stay in bed all day." I "shower and get dressed every day."
What I haven't done is add to my blog.
Why, you might ask. The simple truth is, I really have no idea. I sometimes sit at my computer for hours, let my cursor hover over the icon, and then I play another hour of text twist instead while watching MSNBC or the Food Network. Just not in the mood.
It might be the weather. If you don't live in an area where there are 150 degree differences between the seasons, you might not understand this. We in Minnesota are completely different folks in summer and in winter. I love the springtime, hate the fall, love the summer and see winter like a college class in physical chemistry. A real bitch of a class, but ya gotta get through it to get to biochem, pharmaceutical chem, etc, etc, etc, so you can graduate and make money to buy stuff. Blogging is somewhat of a summer thing. Winter is for hunkering down in sweaters and vests and mittens and fleece and down. Not blogging.
So, here I am again. Hopefully, I can get this on a schedule. February is here and the days are getting longer, the snow no longer hides my view of the house across the street. The cats will go near the windows again and are starting to think about good places to shed their winter fur. Life is, indeed good.

No comments:

Post a Comment